HNZ: Upcoming email regarding the Shingles vaccine
Kia ora koutou,
This is to let you know of an upcoming email currently scheduled for Monday 7 November about the shingles vaccine. The email will communicate to people who have recently turned 65 and those that are soon to turn 66 and direct them to contact their medical practice to book, or discuss the shingles vaccine the next time they are seeing their doctor. Attached is an embargoed draft of the copy for your information.
Details of the campaign are as follows:
- Approximately 55,000 New Zealanders turn 65 each year and the shingles vaccine is free for NZ residents in this age group. Outside of this age group – the 2 dose shingles (Shingrix) vaccine costs around $700. Currently, only general practices administer the vaccine.
- The vaccination rate of 65-year-olds against the Shingles virus is estimated to be between 10-20%, highlighting the need to support to the Primary Care network by creating awareness that a free two-dose vaccine is available whilst they are 65 years old, what it protects against, to encourage people to talk to their medical centre about being vaccinated, and receiving the vaccination the next time they visit.
- This initial ‘pilot’ campaign will generate insight to apply to an ongoing communication series as people age-in; whilst considering current stock levels and the ability of general practices to accommodate a potential uplift in visits.
- Deployment date: 7 November
- Call to action: direct individuals to contact their medical practice to book, or discuss the vaccine the next time they are seeing their doctor.For more information, we will direct people to Healthline on 0800 611 116 or to go online. Information on the webpage will be updated to include FAQs
- Measurement of responses will have a lag as we will be assessing uptake based on proclaims data
Ngā mihi nui,
Please note as I am WFH from Florida, USA, and due to the time difference, my hours of work is altered. I will endeavour to get back to you as soon as I can, but sometimes it may not be until the next day that I respond. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.
Senior Adviser, Engagement
National Immunisation Programme
waea pūkoro: +64 21 248 1288| īmēra: firstname.lastname@example.org
133 Molesworth Street, Te Whanganui-a-Tara