HNZ: Second booster clarification | New resources
Dear healthcare friends and advocates
I hope you’ve had a good week and haven’t been too badly affected by bad weather or sickness. Here are this week’s vaccination comms updates. We would appreciate it if you could share these your members/networks. Thank you.
Second booster clarification
Last night we sent an update about Novavax and AstraZeneca being available as second boosters. We received a query about the age eligibility for this. To clarify, second boosters are recommended for:
- people aged 65 years and over
- Māori and Pacific peoples aged 50 years and over
- residents of aged care and disability care facilities
- severely immunocompromised people
- people aged 16 years and over who have a medical condition that increases the risk of severe breakthrough COVID-19 illness and
- people aged 16 years and over who live with disability with significant or complex health needs or multiple comorbidities
They are also available to:
- all people aged 50 years and over
- health, aged care and disability workers aged 30 years and over.
People in the above categories who have a second booster are most likely to have the Pfizer vaccine, but Novavax and AstraZeneca are now options too. There are additional criteria that must be met if Novavax or AstraZeneca are to be administered. You can find the criteria on this webpage.
We have a range of language options for our COVID-19 booster flyers and web tiles. Check them out here Dropbox - Booster translations - Simplify your life
New accessibility formats available
For people with vision difficulties, we have created loaded Braille-ready, large print and audio versions of our flu collateral. These are available here Dropbox - Blindness format files - Simplify your life
More Pacific resources
Last week we mentioned a new suite of flu resources designed for Pacific peoples. These come in a range of languages and this week we loaded three new social tiles you can use and share.
We’ve published two lovely videos promoting flu vaccinations to Pacific peoples. The first features Saumalu Kali who explains that she got the flu jab to protect her husband, son and 88 year old dad.
Watch it here: https://youtu.be/FCjvNrJpHDs
The second one features Rev Pelu Tuai encouraging the community to get the flu jab so they can enjoy the freedom of knowing they’re protected.
Watch it here:https://youtu.be/8VKAxbMkTeA
Weekly vaccination data
Our latest Māori and Pacific COVID-19 vaccination data is now available here.
This week’s flu vaccination data is available here.
Have a great weekend everyone