Health New Zealand: COVID-19 Care in the Community update for primary care
We would be grateful if you can pass on the following COVID-19 Care in the Community updates to your networks where relevant.
COVID-19 Care in the Community
- Some new winter wellness tips for primary care providers and workers have been published on the Manatū Hauora - Ministry of Health website, as well as some winter wellness tips for all health care and disability practitioners.
- Information and guidance for health practitioners about the use of oral therapeutics to treat COVID-19 has been updated.
- A video about tips to help keep tamariki well this winter has been shared by Manatū Hauora on social media.
COVID-19 Clinical Care Module update
- The latest Care in the Community regional session slide pack, which is similar to the CCCM release notes, is available to view any time as a static link and will get updated regularly.
- As a result of the new Vaccinating Health Worker role, which builds on the success of the COVID-19 Vaccinator Working Under Supervision (CVWUS) role, the learning pathway and training for the CVWUS role ends today, 11 July 2022.
- Since 5 July, free Novavax boosters have been available to those over 18, at least six months after completing their primary course of any COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer, Astra Zeneca or Novavax), at select vaccination centres around the country.
- Advice on ways to reduce the risk of COVID-19 through air ventilation, air conditioning and air cleaning has been updated.
Noho ora mai
COVID Care in the Community Programme
Hauora Aotearoa | Interim Health New Zealand